Tuesday, April 11, 2006


Here is a picture of Lucas last christmas on the trike we bought him. He was 4 mounths old. I don't have a current picture of him on this trike but I have to announce that last week he learned to make it go by himself and the excitement of this just bursts from his whole body. I am so busy enjoying his enthusiasm that I have failed to take a picture of it all.

What do you write about when not much is changing with my health?

Two nights ago I actually had a full night not having to breathe through my mouth. I was hoping that good respiration would help me return to a full nights sleep but one night did not convince the body of my recovery, it seems, amd elas the body knew better. My friend returned during the night, last night, and I woke up this morning with carpet mouth again.

I had my first visit to the doctor since the surgery. He has indicated I will be off for another 6 weeks. That would mean a return to work at some level in June. That is if I don't win the lottery first.

In a couple of weeks I will be given an insulin tolerance test. That should be interesting to report on. It seems they use insulin to test reaction of the pituitary gland. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the reaction is favorable.

Beyond that there is a review of my body chemistry by endocronology in May and a review by the doctor that did the surgery in early June.

My energy level is still above what is was before the surgery and I am not experiencing any pain or discomfort to report on. I can feel that the mouth is still healing and the stitches above the front teeth are disolving. I am sneezing a few times a day. I try not to but I think it is impossible to control. When I sneeze I let it out through my mouth to reduce pressure in the sinus cavity. I think the sinus cavitity is healing like the rest of me and no longer wants the drainage fluids there. That is why I sneeze. Hopfully the drainage will stop and things can get back to normal in that area.

All other systems are go. Even teh butt has been behaving itself, if that can ever be said with a straight face. Remember - Fiber is your friend!

No comments: